"Shreya-r-golpo" strikes back

Shreya calls out to me – "Mimme, a spider"
I run down ready to help her thinking that she is scared.
“Shall I shoo it away?” I ask.
"Noooo. Or Mimme nei na, tai o eka. I want to keep her as a pet." ("No. She does not have her Mimme and hence she is all alone. I want to keep her as a pet").
Err...

*********

Shreya, in one of those rare quite moment, was telling me her story and this is how it goes:

Her - "Mimme, I am a caterpillar"
Me - "Really, why do you think so?"
Her - "Shreya boy chilo ar ekhon girl hoye geche - caterpillar hoi na sundor butterfly" ("Shreya was a boy before and now she became a girl, just like the caterpillar who becomes a beautiful butterfly.")
Curious me wanted to know more.
Her - "Shreya good na pre-school e tai Thakur oke girl kore diyeche, aar Ken (friend in pre-school) toh dustu tai o ekhono boy" ("Since she is good in pre-school, God blessed her to become a girl and Ken (her new friend) is still a boy because he is still naughty")
Me -"Hmmmm"
Should I be worried with this explanation? I don't know….

***********

Me and S were talking about some party and she runs towards us saying that "Aajke party aache raat e" ("Tonight we have party").
Confused us requested for more details and she goes on saying that "Moon e party." ("Party in moon").
She continues "Moon comes at night and picks Mimme, Papa and Shreya with him. It then takes a long flight and once we reach there, we are greater by Ram-Sita, Shiv-Parvati, Krishna-Radha etc etc and lastly by Amitabh Bachhan who then gathers the crowd and starts singing "Itne bazu Itne sar…".

I was floored when I see S laughing madly at this. It was difficult for me to digest all these and mostly Amithabh B (from where does she know filmstars name? ) and these gaana-shanna when I realize that this story had lots of input from Mr. Papa and it was discussed the previous night during bedtime.
Now I get from whom does Shreya gets her 'storytelling flair'.

***********

Come Nov, we are already in Christmas mode.
The other day when she was annoying me for some reason, I snapped back rudely. 
To which she responded, "Mimme, ei rokom korle Santa kintu presents debe na. Good girl thakte lagbe tomar." ("If you talk like this, Santa will not give you Christmas presents. You need to be good-girl for that.")
I was like "Meri billi mujhe hi meow" :)

***********

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts